Friday 27 June 2008

Middle Class Guilt

I write this post with the next one in my mind, they are both related in a wierd way, but in the end, what I wanna say is that both of them come from the same head after the same beer drinking night. This one might be a bit more social conscious which the other one is not at all, but...
Anyway, the intro to this post might be longer than the post itself, I don't know, because at least in this one I'm writing as it goes.
Fuck it, straight to the point, what I wanna say is that after my beer drinking night on a Thursday, which means a week day, that people have to go to their jobs next day, was as usual quite a lot of fun.
I'm a middle class Southern Brazilian that by random reasons live in Denmark. I happen to be on holidays in Brazil at the moment, and (if you are not South American) unless you have masters degree level of knowledge in South American geopolitics you won't understand.
It's funny how I can't go straight to the point, and it might not make sense to anyone, but after some not so cheap beers on a week day I came back to my house and the doorman (the one who avoids thieves) of my building welcomed me and called the elevator and opened the door to me while wearing a HARD ROCK CAFE sweater.
That reminds me of the time when quite a few of the guys colecting recyclable trash in my town used to wear some of my thorned private catholic nun school jackets which students used to donate. Only to remember that now those guys wear a t-shirt written "Environmental Agent" given to them by the town hall as an atempt to cover a rotten smell with cheap perfume.
Anyway, that's quite funny, that's quite sad and that's part of the middle class guilt I feel everyday.

No comments: