Saturday 28 June 2008

Good Popcorn


Popcorn, fries, bacon and all the fat food you've been eating are exactly like your ex-girlfriend. You know it's not good for you, but now and again you end up eating some of it anyway.
I know, I am a sinner, but Lord, last night it was for a good reason (as usual).
I don't even know where to start, but musicaly speaking I had some good popcorn in a very specific bar where virgin bands play for peanuts (one day I'll write more about the place). Anyway, quite a few people were there to enjoy St. John's Fest, which in Brazil is a big thing. Traditionally people would dress up as peasants which was not the case in this night, mainly headbangers atracted to the place for God knows which reason enjoyed all together St. Johns popcorn, peanuts and all the fest clichés except for the bonfire, at least until I left.
A band playing popcorn music for peanuts was just the perfect combination for a St. John's Fest celebration in Brazil. I could say that experienced bands might not so easily have had the blast those guys had tonight. They probably had the highest point in their carreers so far by playing the instruments and leting the crowd sing along the lyrics in a great atmosphere.
Hard rock music sung along by the head banging crowd, including some extreme popcorn versions of Guns n' Roses, White Snake and even Bon Jovi. I tell you, it's priceless to watch from outside the "roots" kind of people criticising the timbre of the snare drum while 10 couples make out to the sound of "November Rain".
As a final word, because I don't have the brains to write anything else and give it a sense, please find out the meaning of "belindia" (that's just a hint, more elaborated texts are around). When the concept of "belindia" is in your head, understanding this holidays in Southern Brazil posts will make more sense.
To be drunk is great to have ideas, but shitty to write. Maybe I need a recorder.

No comments: